Quality of Our Life
Quality of our life is determined by two major factors: physical and psychological. The physical aspect consists of things such as health, diet, strength and protection against pain and disease. The psychological aspect includes pleasure, satisfaction, frustration, worry and other positive and negative emotional states. Our physical condition always affects the way we feel. So we all desire to be healthier, slimmer and happier and to become attractive and confident.
But are we doing our best to make this wish come true?
Unfortunately the number of people suffering from overweight problems increases each and every day. Many of you are unsure where to start, in a tremendous variety of diet plans, exercise programs and products designed to help you lose weight.
Here we will present you the basic and essential steps on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Natural Weight Loss
Why is losing weight the healthy way so important?
We all know how being healthy is immensely important for our physical and psychological stability.
So losing weight will help you eliminate many health care problems and improve your overall physical condition.
The healthy weight loss is not a “lose-weight-quick” process; it’s about making slow changes in terms of food and exercise.
You can get injured due to sudden extensive exercises. Sudden starvation diets that severely restrict calories, can lead you to be deficient in vital nutrients and vitamins. If something like this happens all your moral benefits will disappear and you would be concerned only about your health.
Natural weight loss is essential for healthy lifestyle
It’s possible and very simple, but this doesn’t mean it’s easy. In reality the process of losing weight is determined by different factors for each and every person.
First of all you must have the desire to lose weight and a strong will to do it. These are the keys for success. Visualize what you want to accomplish, see your goals and see yourself charging for them!
Your body uses food as energy for physical activity and cell maintenance. Any excess energy is stored as fat, which means that if you eat more food than your body needs, you will gain weight. So to lose weight you need to:
- reduce your calorie intake
- increase your activity levels
This means that you must always remember that:
- Good health is linked to a good diet. Sometimes it is very hard to decide where to start and what will be best for you with the tons of information available about the best foods and diet plans. We are here to help you.
- Increasing the amount of exercises you do, will help you boost your energy levels and improve metabolic rate, and along with maintaining proper diet you will almost certainly lose weight.
- The number of people using alternative medicines is increasing. These are used to help alleviate illnesses or symptoms, which will help improving your healthy living on the whole.
Reduce your calorie intake
Why is healthy eating important?
By following a balanced healthy eating plan you will actually feel more energized and more productive and also reducing the risk of developing illnesses and diseases. For losing excess body weight you need to reduce your calorie intake by eating less and making healthier choices.
This doesn’t mean any crash diets which may lead to yo-yo effect – drastically losing weight followed by gaining weight. A daily intake less than 1500 calories or losing more than 2 pounds per week of our weight is unhealthy.
Healthy diet explained:
1. Try to have plenty of starchy foods such as whole unrefined grains, whole grain bread, high fiber cereals, potatoes and sweet potatoes.
2. Aim to have five portions of variety of different colored fruits and vegetables to guarantee a diverse amount of essential vitamins and minerals.
3. Consume moderate amounts of low-fat or fat-free dairy, lean white and red meats, fish, eggs and egg whites, legumes (peas, beans, lentils, peanuts).
4. You have to cut down on foods with a high content of fat, salt and or added sugar, always read the label.
Increase your activity levels
Increasing the amount of exercise, while maintaining healthy diet, is one of the best ways of losing weight and one of the fundamentals for leading natural lifestyle. There are lots of activities and sports that can be beneficial not only for weight loss, but for keeping you fit and healthy: running, jogging, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing, yoga.
Choose something that you enjoy for better results. In that way it will be easier to perform and you’ll be doing it for long period of time, because the only way to make exercise part of your life is to build it into your everyday life.
Each and every time you exercise more than usual, you burn calories and fat. If you don’t have enough time for exercises or just don’t like gyms, then you can make small changes to your daily routine, to increase your activity levels:
– Take the stairs instead of the lift or the escalator. Every extra step matters.
– Get out for a walk in the park. When you are going on short distances, leave your car in the garage, then walk or cycle.
– Get of the bus a stop earlier or park your car further away than the usual place and walk the rest of the way
– Do some exercise on your lunch hour
– Consider doing some exercise during commercial breaks on TV
Benefits of exercising
Exercising is beneficial for losing weight, getting slimmer, being stronger, improving your energy levels, reducing the risk of heart diseases, diabetes etc.
It can boost your emotional well-being. Feeling strong and healthy always affects positively our mood.
People with overweight problems have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease. Regularly exercising improves your cardiovascular function and decreases risk of heart problems.
Exercise also increases body’s ability to use sugar as energy, therefore decreases the need for insulin secretion, which reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
Being more physically active can improve our memory and concentration. In order to function effectively our brain needs high enough levels of oxygen. When exercising we move oxygen into all our body’s organs, including the brain via our bloodstream.
Keep an accurate weight-loss-plan diary
Write down about: exercise (how much time you have spend exercising for each day); food (how much calories a day, no chocolate or cake, replace them with healthier choices – fruits and vegetables); liquids (no sodas, no alcohol or restrict it to the minimum).
Weight yourself once a week before breakfast and see if there is any progress. If the results aren’t satisfying then review your plan for the past week and see where changes are possible (increase the time for exercise, make healthier food/drink choices etc).
How much should I lose?
Many researches have shown it’s generally considered safe to lose up to two pounds per week. Anything above that is considered as unhealthy. This is the case where you deprive yourself of too many calories and lose not only fat but muscle tissue either, which is not healthy at all. The word for that is well known to us all as hunger. It is not recommendable to follow a plan that claims you can lose more than two pounds per week.
Achieve your healthy weight
There are scientific and medical methods that can help to indicate the ideal weight. The most popular and accurate is known as Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation. Research shows that people who are in the healthy BMI range tend to enjoy a much healthier life.
To check your BMI, simply take your weight (in kilograms) and divide it by your height (in meters) squared. You can use the table below to find out which category you fit into.
|Less than 18.5||Under Weight|
|18.5 – 25||Ideal|
|25 – 30||Over Weight|
|30 – 40||Obese|
|Over 40||Very Obese|
We wish you very success in your weight loss goals!